· Today is the 72-year anniversary of Israel becoming a nation (May 14th, 1948), and it seems like the world is ripe for the Lord’s harvest / rapture of the church! In Matthew 24:32-34, Jesus tells us the parable of the fig tree and how that “This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.” Israel is described as a fig tree many times in Scripture, and in Psalm 90:10, Moses says that a generation will be between 70-80 years. So, we’re inside the window of the generation that saw Israel shoot forth her green leaves, so summer is night; let’s share the gospel like never before so that the upcoming harvest will be full of sons of God!
· We cleaned out our church’s kitchen during the pandemic, and more specifically we cleaned out our Morsels for Many food pantry on 4-7, see attached pic. We gave away 4-6 boxes of food in April, yet our little pantry doesn’t diminish, i.e. people keep donating and God blesses, PTL.
· B&A became full time Amazon employees on 4-19; we’ve very proud of this couple!
· BP volunteered to help in the A/V booth recently and he also volunteered to help us clean and disinfect the church after each of our recovery meeting, I’m so thankful for his contributions!
· We picked up a man @ City Union Mission and took to Garden City on 4-20.
· We took some clothes and shoes and snacks to another man @ the City Union Mission on 5-7, after his release from prison.
· Pat Lee started a “Community Comfort” outreach ministry on 4-25, as a way to let the community know that HBF is here for their spiritual and physical needs
· As many of you know, HBF has a jail ministry called Prisoner Of Hope (POH), but we’ve been unable to provide services for the inmates since November of last year, due to construction and now due to the Coronavirus. The construction is nearly completed at the jail, so please pray that they will allow us entry again soon, to share the good news of how souls can be made free through the truth!
· Life Issues started meeting physically again on 5-8, with social distancing but no childcare yet. Pat Lee summarized our quarantine period well by saying that “In light of recent events (COVID-19) it has been a real challenge to try to adapt from teaching in one venue, to going to a totally different one (virtual). Although it has been very hard to engage some because fear is running rampant, others seem to be adapting well to all this dramatic change. I think that it will help to get people engaged in Life Issues Pathway (TJH) more. Doing the Chapter overview was the shot in the arm that I think we definitely needed at this time. I have gotten so many calls and texts of encouragement, for doing this series and giving my testimony. Several have been from people who normally don’t attend Life Issues, so it has been especially encouraging to me and motivates me to try to go beyond my natural born limits! I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with this platform to share our testimonies and the gospel in these uncertain times—what a great and effectual door he has opened unto US! PTL!!
· [1Cor. 16:9 KJV] “For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and [there are] many adversaries.
· [Col 4:3 KJV] “Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:”
· In addition to maintaining our Life Issues website (www.lifeissuesonline.org), we started broadcasting one weekly meetings during this National emergency on our Facebook account (www.facebook.com/lifeissuesonline).
· I’m attaching a document with all of our contact info as well as links to our most recent videos / teachings, so feel free to catch up or check them out for the first time.
Sincerely, Steve Fleshman – Life Issues pastor and founder, Proverbs 4:23…