· Our Life Issues group cleaned the church on 3-6, but we don’t have to clean it in April due to the church not being in use; I’ll keep the group informed of future needs.
· We met with a Journey Pure rep, Brandy, and helped get one of her clients to the airport in 3-7, to go to a rehab in Tennessee!
· We were able to connect one of our former students to New Life Baptist Church in Clinton MO in early March, since he lives there now – PS he’s over 6 months sober too!
· The Joshua House donated clothes to one of our men when he began his job, so that he had some work clothes!
· Jim continues to write to a couple of inmates and learned that they didn’t have Bibles at the Jail, so we took a box of Bibles (21 Bibles) to the Cass County Jail on 3-18
· We had a discreet group of men help with an HBF workday on 3-21, attached are some pictures.
· I had my spiritual birthday on Friday, 3-13-20 (I was born again 28 years ago)!
· We had to cancel our group picture that we had planned to have taken on 3-27, as well as the leadership meeting that I had planned for today (4-4). We’re going to be late kicking off our fundraiser / Recovery Walk now, and I’m not sure if we’ll be able to have it at all this year?!
· Pat Lee got to lead a man to Christ on 3-29, using one of our church’s COVID 19 gospel tracts! Pat has been intentional about sharing his faith and was able to lead this man to Christ while he (the lost man) was outdoors fishing at a lake in Belton MO!
· I’ve stayed in contact with a homeless man (Roy), who called me from a hospital earlier this week after he had fallen 30 feet from a bridge that he was sleeping under, onto the asphalt below. The hospital had to cut his clothes off him, so he needed some more clothes, so I took him some on 4-1, Roy needs Jesus.
· One thing that we want to celebrate is Linda Jones’ retirement (3-27) after nearly 45 years as a Social Worker. We made a video with the help of her daughter, Stephanie, and hope you enjoy it; we love you Linda!
· Four of us men helped at the Shepherd’s Staff food pantry on 4-3; attached is a picture of my son and Sam H.
· We also took a homeless man (Shane) to the City Union Mission on 4-3; not too many places are taking in anyone right now, so I was thankful that he found housing.
· Lastly, I wanted to give you an update from my new friend in Nigeria; below is his testimony:
"Good day Steve. My name is X. I am from Nigeria. I live with my little brother which I am responsible of taking care of.
I tried getting job but where I am from only the rich gets jobs. It takes only the Grace of God to secure a job here in Nigeria.
In order not to starve and having my lil brother cry on me every day, I hacked into Steve's email. I think it was around February 11th not sure about the date. And I was soliciting for gift cards. I got a few.
Not until when I saw his email. He said " Friend you need Jesus and quit stealing from people”: seeing his emails telling me to give him a call and text him. I felt bad knowing fully well that I hacked his email and was doing what I was doing. But I had no choice. Churches over there are not like the churches over here where you can walk up to the pastor and told him you're hungry and he gives you food. If you do that here, the pastor will ask to pray for you and that is it. Then pastor Steve and I started texting.
At a point he requested to talk to me which I allowed. Then he preached to me about repentance and salvation and accepting that I am a sinner and what I did was against GOD's will. He told me about Proverbs 13 verse 11 which says, “Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase." I thought of these words; it was exactly what I was doing.
So, I called Steve and he prayed for me and let me know that he won’t turn me in, so I felt bold to talk to him. I pleaded with him and his wife for paying for what I did. I got $400 from using his email.
Few days later after the whole scam thing, I got called back at a job I was once fired. and things where fine. I just want to apologize to everyone I must have hurt or offended with my actions.
I AM SORRY. Especially to those who gave money to my scam.
I Hope Y'all stay safe from COVID-19 and the cases are about a hundred here in Nigeria. "
Sincerely, Steve Fleshman – Life Issues pastor and founder, Proverbs 4:23…