Below are some bullet points of the highlights that happened in the Life Issues ministry over the last month:
· We were able to help one of our folks get a job in early January, PTL!
· A couple of our leaders are playing volleyball in HBF’s league, that lasts till the middle of March, and are having fun ministering via sports!
· We gave away an average of 4 boxes of food each month in 2017 and gave away 5 in January. We did purchase $90 worth of food on 1-6, but most everything that we’ve given away has been donated by HBF! One of our student’s dads is fabricating a drop box to be placed outside of HBF’s kitchen, so that people can drop off food items that they want to donate to our Morsels for Many food pantry.
· One of our students completed a 21-day in-house treatment program at Pathways in January.
· One of our students quit smoking in January, we’re very proud of them!
· We sent a two-man delegation to Louisburg KS on 1-12, to a Reformers Unanimous meeting, to hear a guest speaker and to fellowship with their recovery group.
· The wife of one of our students accepted Christ on 1-21, while visiting her parents church; I’m personally touched and thrilled by how God is working in this family!
· We gave $100 towards a lady’s motel bill on 1-22, where she is temporarily living.
· Skip H., a professor at a Bible College, came down to Life Issues on 1-26 and delivered a stirring testimony of God’s deliverance in his life, and how he is now leading substance abuse counselling classes and other recovery type efforts in a neighboring area!
· A couple of us helped the good folks at a local crisis pregnancy center, move to a new location on 1-27. There were over 50 people from other churches and groups in the community that came out to help, which encouraged their team and lifted up their weary hands, what a blessing it was for all parties!
· My wife and 8-9 others from Life Issues, attended HBF’s Lady’s Retreat on 1-27, where they heard a pastor’s wife from Iola KS share God’s working in her life and give practical life lessons from the Bible!
· Jordan also gave a stirring testimony to a standing room only crowd on 1-30; we’re so excited about what God is doing in her life and how he’s using her in the lives of others! These testimonies have the ability to change lives in ways that neither Pat’s nor my messages can, hallelujah!
· In-spite of some always present disappointments, things are on the up-swing at Life Issues and it seems that God is positioning us to meet the needs of addicts and others with life issues in 2018. A couple of men that recently got out of jail are doing well, one is starting our program and another just got into Joshua House. I’m going to start discipling a new person, and there’s another getting ready to graduate, all glory to our Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ! Below is the testimony of another man who’s doing well!
· Danny’s Story… “I was saved when I was 5 years old. Although young I remember the place and the conviction of my sin. God became my savior that day. Although I was saved I always had a secret addiction. I’ve been up-and-down with my struggles with it but in the last five years it has really gotten the best me. Many times I’ve been at the end of my rope looking at the things I love the most being ripped away for me. About six months ago I was in a very tough place and facing a hard decision of either saying “no” to my addiction or losing my family. I found HBF online and God lead me to Steve and the Life Issues program. Steve, Pat, and Jim were there for me and helped me turn from my addiction and turn to God. I still struggle daily but I have found so much support and encouragement from everyone at Life Issues. I have high hopes of being completely free from the chains of my addiction and free to follow Christ with my whole heart. Praise the Lord.
Sincerely, Steve Fleshman – Life Issues pastor and founder, Proverbs 4:23…