Below are some bullet points of the highlights that happened in the Life Issues ministry over the last month:
· Life Issues had its seven-year anniversary on 2-4-18, and although the weather was inclement, about 25 of us showed up to watch the Super Bowl together and to celebrate this milestone!
· We helped a homeless man with emergency housing on 2-3 & 2-4
· One of our sponsors stated a 13-week “How to Study the Bible” class at HBF on 2-5!
· We got word that our Prisoners Of Hope (POH) jail ministry team, got to lead a man to Christ the first week of February, so we rejoice with the angels in heaven – Luke 15:10!
· Rose graduated from the Drug Court on 2-21 ; it took her 19 months to complete! Rose had about 15 family members present, including her mother; we’re so proud of her and this accomplishment, she’s over 800 days clean now!
· Caleb completed our program on 2-5, we’re so proud of him too!
· We sent a two-man delegation to the “Virtue and Valor conference” in Lee’s Summit on 2-3.
· We gave a man and his wife a tank of gas on 2-9, to help them have enough until pay day.
· Suzanne completed our D1 course the week of 2-11, and became a member of HBF on 2-18!
· Chuck became a member of HBF on 2-18 as well, PTL!
· Five people from our program went to Grandview and watched a Christian comedian on 2-18.
· We helped one of our poor lady students with her doctor bill (due to sickness) on 2-23.
· Rebecca is now 11 months clean and sober, and she got her license back on 2-23!
· Pat Lee (and Ray) helped get a man thru a detox program on 2-28 and then into a 6-8-month program at the Salvation Army on 3-1!
· One of our student’s and his wife are going to our church’s Marriage retreat on 3-16 & 3-17!
· Pat Lee and Chris are remaining faithful to conduct a Bible study every Sunday night at the Joshua House, and are developing a good relationship with the guys there, and several of the guys are getting a good amount of sobriety time under their belt, PTL!
· Our Morsels for Many food pantry has been getting a lot of use and we’ve been able to give away 5 more boxes of food in February, along with some baby formula and baby food that was given to us!
· One of our student’s dad has fabricated a drop box for our food pantry, so we’re excited to be getting to use it and be better organized!
· We will be having our group picture taken by Teri on 3-30, please invite all of our folks to be there that night, so that we’ll have a good group for the next trifold!
February was a very busy month, and I wasn’t able to get anyone to write a brief testimony, but I can share with you that there’s a lot of heartache, drama, and disappointments in this ministry. I talk with parents of the addicted and I get letters from the incarcerated, grieving for themselves or loved ones who have been deceived by the allure of drugs and alcohol. But God seems to always give me enough light in the darkness to press forward and enough wisdom to see and meet the needs of others through Christ and through his body of believers. I’m working with a new believer right now, who’s coming out of darkness and bondage, and it’s so refreshing to see the light come on in him. He is truly a new creature in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17) old things are past away, behold all things are become new!
Sincerely, Steve Fleshman – Life Issues pastor and founder, Proverbs 4:23…