· One of our leaders donated and delivered several furniture items to Lily’s house recently!
· A young man from Joshua House (JH) prayed to be saved on 9-2.
· Life Issues gave a lady emergency housing on 9-5.
· My wife started discipling a lady from our church on 9-6-18.
· On 9-9, one of our couple’s son was baptized!
· Life Issues gave a box of food to a family on 9-10.
· Life Issues gave emergency housing to a man on 9-11.
· My wife and I got to counsel and pray with a former co-worker’s family about their loved one’s drug use in mid-September; we got feedback later that they were successful in getting them help!
· We gave a couple of boxes of food to Country Haven on 9-14.
· One of our students was granted rehab instead of jail time, so on 9-10, he went to Teen Challenge
· Life Issues worked with HBF to pay a couple’s electric bill on 9-13.
· HBF had their annual Bible conference and several of our students attended and assisted with making Bibles, from 9-16 thru 9-19.
· I was able to attend a conference in Ohio from 9-23 thru 9-26 with my pastor, it was a blessing to fellowship with him and many other new and old friends, and to audit their recovery program.
· Life Issues gave emergency housing to a student on 9-18 & 9-19.
· Another young man from JH made profession of faith on 9-21 @ a Life Issues meeting.
· Lily’s House received $25,000 grant on 9-28, to purchase a van to transport their residents!
· Joshua House meetings are going great on Sunday night with full participation from everyone in the house over the last month or two!
· I worked with the Public Defender’s office to transport an inmate from Cass County Jail to the Salvation Army on August 30th, and when I visited him on 10-3 I got to lead him to Christ, hallelujah!
Mary W. gave her testimony on 9-25 to a packed Common Ground Room. She had invited many people from her Church, there were many there to support her—among whom where her Pastor and wife. It was her first time giving her Testimony and she knocked it completely out of the stadium! There wasn’t a dry eye in the room by the time she finished. Her Six grade teacher came and was a special moment for me personally when she commended our program and thanked us for what a crucial role we play in our community. She told me how she had known Mary her whole life and the transformation that she has made recently is proof that God is real, and Christ is working through us!
Kelly T. says, I wanted to take this time to testify about the difference Life Issues and HBF are making in my community. I’ve been volunteering at Lily’s House by giving the girls a ride to Life Issues and HBF church services. When it came time for the Recovery Walk this year I put up flyers around Adrian again and sent a flyer through my work email to all staff. A lot more of my co-workers donated this year. One lady walked up and asked if she could give me a donation for the walk. So, of course, I said yes. She handed me a twenty-dollar bill. I told her that I promised the money would be used wisely and that people are being helped at Life Issues. She quickly told me that I didn’t have to tell her about the value of Life Issues, because she had seen it with her own eyes in the lives of the Lily’s House girls. She volunteers at Lily’s House, so she knows firsthand that lives are being changed through our Ministry. Praise God! I am so thankful we offer a faith-based recovery program. I’m humbled that I got to lead S. from Lily’s House to Christ 8/6/2018.
It’s so neat for other people in my area to know about Life Issues now. To have heard good things about us. It seems God trusts me with His addicted people now, because everywhere I go people with addiction problems are put right in front of me, whether it be a grandma concerned for her grandkid, a mom concerned for her child or the addicts themselves. People are looking for help and some are even asking me about Life Issues and HBF. So much so that I carry Life Issues tri-folds, Steve’s cards, and gospel tracts in my car to hand out now.
I’m so thankful for the training in the Word that I receive from HBF and Life Issues. I’ve told Steve that our ministry is like jumping off into the deep end of ministry. To tell you the truth I had to take a week-long break recently from Life Issues and Lily’s House. I had to rest my mind and get alone with God to listen. God tells us to be still and to know that he is God. (Psalm 46:10) I am back and trying to find my confidence to speak the Word of God boldly again. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. (Psalm 40:2) And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not. (Galatians 6:9) I just want to encourage you to keep on serving and making a difference.
Sincerely, Steve Fleshman – Life Issues pastor and founder, Proverbs 4:23…