· Gave box of food to lady on 11-4, and we ended up giving 21 bags / boxes for the year 2021.
· HBF and Life Issues helped Rebecca W. with rent, she’s now 1 year clean – see pic of her and son.
· We gave a couple of gas cards to students in December.
· Helped a homeless man with 2 nights emergency lodging on 12-30 & 12-31
· I often only report about people we’re able to help, but I receive at least 1 call per week asking for assistance with something, and around Christmas I received extra petitions, and I wanted to report that I had to turn 3 individuals down recently, those are hard conversations so please pray for me.
II. Jail update
· Went to court for a couple of inmates on 11-15, we’re currently writing to over 10 inmates.
· I just got a letter showing that one of the inmates completed a School for Evangelism and Discipleship course, signed by the Chaplin.
· One of our former leaders that moved away, Jim W. is now serving with Bates County jail ministry!
· Transported inmate from jail to residence until getting into treatment facility on 11-23
· Gave guy a ride to court and home for the Public Defender’s Office on 12-14
· Here’s an update on the Jail ministry started at one of our Sister churches in Monmouth Illinois:
· Our church sent a group of 5 people on a mission trip to southern Mexico to help a missionary in early December and 2 of those folks were leaders in our Life Issues group, PTL (see pic of Mickie speaking at a recent meeting)!
· Joe graduated from Hope City on 12-17 and will be coming down to share testimony on 2-25.
· Life Issues made a financial donation to The Lighthouse Ministry in Clinton Missouri in early November, for their assistance in helping us get over 10 individuals into treatment / rehab in 2021.
· We currently have about 8 folks involved in HBF’s discipleship course and 5 going through our “The Journey Home” program, here’s a brief testimony from Heather H.,
· Troy L. helped with HBF’s 3-day concrete project (11-5, 6, & 8) and used it as his Pay-It-Forward project for Drug Court. Several other Life Issues folks assisted with this project too, see attached pics.
· Christmas 2021
o Ordered and handed out Life Issues refrigerator magnets, we have more if you want one?!
o Two benevolent church members donated $800 to Life Issues that I was able to distribute to 4 different individuals in need ($200 each), this was a blessing for all involved (one lady wept)!
o We had about 50 in attendance and Santa gave gifts to 7 children
o HBF gave out 23 boxes of food for Christmas meals, over half were to Life Issues folks
· Life Issues held a New Year’s Eve event from 8pm-midnight on 12-31 and watched a Christian movie and 3 people shared their testimony. It was a blessed event and one man really thanked us for helping him to bring in the new year sober – see group pic.
· Brian and Kalee got married on 11-29, Tom and Niesha got married on 12-6, we’re very happy for these couples!
· I’ll leave you with a couple of verses that are fitting for the new year,
· Please pray for God to use us mightily in 2022, for without him we can do nothing, sincerely, Steve Fleshman – Life Issues pastor and founder, Proverbs 4:23…