- Life Issues purchased about $200 worth of recovery literature in early November; we do that a couple of times a year and distribute it as needed.
- I attended a Pastor’s retreat with the other pastors from HBF on 11-9 & 11-10 and discussed 2019 ministry plans and needs; it was good to fellowship and refresh our vision together for the people that God has entrusted us to shepherd over.
- Our recovery group cleaned the church on 11-9; I’m thankful that this was covered by our group while I was away, so thanks to all who pitched in and helped!
- One of our students led the meeting that night (11-9); I’m so thankful that I have good men who can stand in the gap for me!
- I got to help a lady donate a pickup load of furniture to Lily’s House on 11-17, that was a blessing to all involved.
- Speaking of Lily’s House; one of our church’s young ladies just got hired onto their staff as the night duty manager and will be living there as part of her compensation.
- We gave a man 3 nights emergency housing on 11-16 thru 11-18.
- One of our students has shown an interest in helping with the audio / video (A/V) sound booth ministry for Life Issues, so we had a meeting on 11-30 and started getting familiar with everything.
- We joined efforts with HBF in helping a lady with moving expenses
- One of our leaders, Suzanne R., earned her Alumni tag in November; we’re very thankful for her, she’s faithful to attend, bring snacks, and cover small group when needed, PTL!
- We had a great testimony on 11-30 and a great amount of people in attendance, as the founder of Lily’s House (Jeff Vick) told us how God has orchestrated them being able to obtain this multi-family dwelling and furnish it, fix the roof, floor, and so much more! The Lily’s House was just awarded $25,000 grant from State Farm, to purchase a 15-passenger van, and they are putting it to good use! Lily’s House is fully funded by faith and the community; they have a thrift store called “The Lily Pad” that generates part of the funds too.
- Jeff also shared his salvation testimony that night and what God has brought him through and how God used him and Sarah as foster parents to give them the burden for Lily’s House, a place to unite moms back with their kids.
- Pat Lee works closely with Lily’s House and is an intricate part of helping them with their program and counselling needs. Pat also provides a Bible Study to the Joshua House (men’s transitional living / sober living house) on Sunday nights, and things are going well there too.
- This is a tough ministry and there is a lot of turnover, relapses, and disappointments. But, as this year comes to a close, I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support this year, God is doing great things in our midst and I don’t always see it, but he’s using us to make a difference in these last days.
- As each new year rolls around, I always wonder, will this be the year that my Lord returns? His return is eminent friend, so if you’re reading this and there’s never been a time or place that you can point back to, in which you gave your life to Jesus and trusted him alone as your personal Lord and Saviour, perhaps this is the accepted time, the time that you need to ask him by faith to save you?
“(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)” 2 Corinthians 6:2
Sincerely, Steve Fleshman – Life Issues pastor and founder, Proverbs 4:23…
Post a Comment